Interested in supporting local small businesses? Do you love that Asheville has so many fantastic festivals every year? Love cheese? Join the WNC Cheese Trail as a lead volunteer and help with the 2020 Carolina Mountain Cheese Fest.
We are presently looking for a Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator. This is a current need that will last through the festival (April 26, 2020).
Please consider becoming the Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator if you are:
· well organized
· comfortable using online communication and data systems
· an effective team player
· an experienced volunteer
The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator is asked to give approximately 1.5 hours/week in Jan, 2 hours/week in Feb & March. Three hours/week in April.
The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator works with the fest director in brainstorming recruitment outlets, updating the different levels of volunteers, posting volunteer spots in our online system, devising a calendar and plan for recruitment, conducting outreach, and coordinating communication with volunteers once they register online.
The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator responsibilities* include (but are not limited to):
· Update volunteer spots w/short descriptions
· Add slots to online system
· Develop contact list for recruitment
· Create schedule for outreach
· Outreach and Recruit volunteers
· Monitor sign ups and address gaps or areas that need attention
· Evaluate the volunteer program and make recommendations for Carolina Mountain Cheese Fest 2021.
*Note, because this is our sixth annual fundraiser we have already developed many of the items listed above so much of the work is to adapt the items to the current year.
The festival will take place on Sunday, April 26, 2020 at Highland Brewing from 12 – 5 p.m. We anticipate 1200+ attendees, 30+ vendors, live music, family friendly activities, cheese/farming related workshops, etc.
CONTACT: Katie Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-484-1586.